Office software has always been one of the most commonly used Microsoft products and is now the backbone of our activities on personal and professional computers. Microsoft Office 2019 is now available with some new features and enhanced security.
How to check office activation status
- Open any Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Go to File + Account
- The activation status of the program is visible under the “Product Information” heading. If it says “Product is activated”, you have a valid licensed copy of Microsoft Office. However, a yellow highlighted box that says “Product activation required” indicates that you need to activate a copy of Microsoft Office. Read on to learn how to activate Microsoft Office.
- Another way to check the activation status is to use CMD. Follow these steps to check the activation status using CMD.
Sign in to Office with a Microsoft account
If you have already purchased a license or you are just reinstalling Office on a new computer, no product key is required. Instead, you just sign in with the same Microsoft account you used to purchase your license
- Go to office.com/setup. Sign in with a Microsoft account.
- Enter your 25-character product key now
- Select your country and language. Click “Next.”
- Install Office 2019. Open any Office application (Word, Excel, etc.)
- A pop-up window will prompt you to log in, click the “Login” button. Alternatively, you can go to “File + Account” and “Product Activation”.
Open any Office application (Word, Excel, etc.)
A pop-up window will prompt you to log in, click the “Login” button. Alternatively, you can go to “File + Account” and “Product Activation”.
If you purchased an Office license from a physical or online store, you must receive it as a product key. The office can be activated directly from the product key. However, we recommend that you first link your product key to your account and then sign in with the same account. To do this, you can follow these steps. Make sure the product key is ready.